19 (1991 Perf (LLO), 1992-1994 Vehicles) 6X Signal Fault
The 6X output signal is a five volt square wave that is initially high. The signal switches low at each of the six, 60 degrees Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) pulses. The 6X signal is used by the PCM for greater resolution when determining ESC (knock retard) values.
Code 19 will set if:
- Three 6X pulses do not occur between each reference pulse.
- A 6X pulse does not immediately follow a reference pulse.
- When attempting to diagnose an intermittent problem, use the Scan Tool to review supplemental diagnostic information.
- The supplemental data can be used to duplicate a problem. Select MALF History from Scan Tool EC menu.
- Check the tightness of the female terminal grip with a spare male terminal.